Sunday, February 24, 2013

Stranger With My Face by Lois Duncan

This week I began reading Stranger With My Face, and, starting a new book every weekend I'm finding that I'm really going to love this one! The narrator did a really good job of depicting the setting and also including the dynamic of her family through the setting.  The autor's description words are beautiful and placed extremely well throughout the writing, and the plot, though just developing itself seems to be intriguing and particularly complex.

Reading the first section of the book was really interesting because it was basically just backup information for the story the girl is about to tell, yet the word choice makes the reader want to know every little detail then, rather than going through with the entire story.  The first section was written so cautiously so that there is that longing for information but not enough to get stuff away.  I am increasingly interested in the girl lurking in the hallway by the sentence, yet I havw no clue who she is or her relations to the plot yet. Such a good start, I can't wait to finish the book this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment