Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ballet Perspectives

I only read a little bit of this book, but it seemed really interesting and showed the power and hurt behind the topic of ballet under neither the prettiness of the dance.  It was written in a poetic format making it really interesting to be able to view how the author wanted the text to be read and flow.  Also, being a dancer I enjoyed reading about the pain and struggle, knowing about it first hand, from another persons perspective.

From first person point of view it was interesting to see how the girl described dancers like their stereotype, with perfect hair, leotards, skinniness; yet also be able to see her thoughts on herself.  The fact that she loved the dance yet hated it so much at the same time was really interesting to read about. I do very much hate ballet, but dancing is one of my favorite things to do.  Being inside a different teenage girl dancer's shoes was cool and I really enjoyed reading the small portion that I did.  Thanks Zoe for letting me borrow your book! I hope I can read it fully through sometime.  I was written fluently and well.

1 comment:

  1. This post is really good Ali! I like how you really showed your opinion and how you felt about this. I also like how you related it to your life. k.

    ReplyDelete