"I felt the way you do when you are moving through a dream and the most impossible things are happening and you are accepting them as normal."
Sometimes things in your life come on as impossible or damagingly ridiculous in the sense that if you believe them, consequence after consequence would follow. Sometimes these impossible things however, are what keep us living, moving, breathing. Relating to Laurie, the main character, in this way of problems building up makes it refreshing to read this quote. If life went on perfectly, normal would be boring, and there would be no trust in the world. But being able to accept the impossible is how humans, or maybe just I, have learned to live.
In Laurie's case, her impossible is literally impossible, what with her dead sister coming back into her life, but everyone has their own mini-impossible scenarios that continue to cause this harm, these consequences and problems in our lives.
This line in this instance was super literal, but for me, it's poetic-ness stood out. We accept what we want to believe, what we think we deserve. I want to believe the impossible.

No comments:
Post a Comment